CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 11 : New Empires And Kingdoms. NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 11 Solutions
Page No: 120
1. State whether true or false:
(a) Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni.
(b) The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta.
(c) There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha.
(d) Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers.
(f) Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India.
Page No: 121
2. Mention three authors who wrote about Harshavardhana.
Three authors who wrote about Harshavardhanan were Banabhatta, Xuan Zang and Ravikirti.
3. What changes do you find in the army at this time?
The changes which we find in the army at this time are the introduction of military leaders calledsamantaswho provided the king with troops whenever he needed them. They were not paid
regular salaries. Instead, some of them received grants of land. They collected revenue from the land and used this to maintain soldiers and horses, and provide equipment for warfare.
4. What were the new administrative arrangements during this period?
The new administrative arrangements during this period were:
• Some important administrative posts were now hereditary means that sons succeeded fathers
• Sometimes, one person held many offices. For instance, besides being amaha-danda-nayaka, Harishena was akumar-amatya, meaning an important minister, and asandhi-vigrahika, meaning a minister of war and peace.
• Important men had a say in the local administration. These included thenagara-shreshthior chief banker/merchant of the city, thesarthavahaor leader of the merchant caravans, theparathama-kulikaor the chief craftsman and the head of theKayasthasor scribes.
6. Do you think ordinary people would have read and understood the prashastis? Give reasons for your answer.
No. The ordinary people would not have understood the Prashastis because these were written in Sanskrit language, the language of the learned.
Do You Liked Our Contents? If Yes! Then Please Spare Us Some Time By Commenting Below. Or To Get Daily Minute by Minute Updates On Facebook Twitter and Google+ From Us (Indiashines.in) Please Like Us OnFacebook , Follow Us On Twitter and Follow Us On Google+ . If You also Want To Ask Us/Experts Any Questions Then Please Join Our Forum Here and Be Our Exclusive Member.
IMPORTANT : All the contents of this website is for educational and informational purpose only. The data is collected from various websites, links, pages spread all over internet and owner self-made.We take utmost care to keep the information on this webpage as complete and accurate as possible but we do not claim our site to be error free. And in no way Indiashines.In will be liable for any losses & damages arises from its contents/text. Indiashines.In in good faith, makes an effort to become a helpful platform for students, jobseekers etc. This website is not endorsed by any Govt. bodies. Before using any information of ours please READ OUR DISCLAIMER.