CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 2 : What, Where, How and When? NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 2 Solutions
Page No: 20
1. Complete the sentences:
(a) Hunter-gatherers chose to live in caves and rock shelters because ————————.
► they provided shelter from rain, heat and wind
(b) Grasslands developed around ———————— years ago.
(c) Early people painted on the ———————— of caves.
(d) In Hunsgi, tools were made of ————————.
2. Look at the present-day political map of the Indian subcontinent. Find out the states where Bhimbetka, Hunsgi and Kurnool are located.
Bhimbetka is in Madhya Pradesh, Hunsgi is in Karnataka and Kurnool is in Andhra Pradesh.
3. Why did the hunter-gatherers travel from place to place? In what ways are these similar to/different from the reasons for which we travel today?
Hunter-gatherers travelled from place-to-place:
• In search of plant and animal resources when had exhausted at one place.
• In search of smaller prey, or, in the case of deer and wild cattle, in search of grass and leaves. Therefore, those who hunted them had to follow their movements.
• Plants and trees bear fruit in different seasons. So, people may have moved from season to season in search of different kinds of plants.
• People living on the banks of rivers and lakes which are seasonal would have had to go in search of water during the dry seasons.
• Also, People may have travelled on foot to meet their friends and relatives.
Today, we do not travel for water and food but in search of jobs to earn their livelihood. Also, we travel to interesting place, business and to meet friends and relatives.
4. What tools would you use today for cutting fruit? What would they be made of?
We use knife for cutting fruit. It would be made of stainless steel.
Do You Liked Our Contents? If Yes! Then Please Spare Us Some Time By Commenting Below. Or To Get Daily Minute by Minute Updates On Facebook Twitter and Google+ From Us (Indiashines.in) Please Like Us OnFacebook , Follow Us On Twitter and Follow Us On Google+ . If You also Want To Ask Us/Experts Any Questions Then Please Join Our Forum Here and Be Our Exclusive Member.
5. List three ways in which hunter-gatherers used fire (see page16). Would you use fire for any of these purposes today?
IMPORTANT : All the contents of this website is for educational and informational purpose only. The data is collected from various websites, links, pages spread all over internet and owner self-made.We take utmost care to keep the information on this webpage as complete and accurate as possible but we do not claim our site to be error free. And in no way Indiashines.In will be liable for any losses & damages arises from its contents/text. Indiashines.In in good faith, makes an effort to become a helpful platform for students, jobseekers etc. This website is not endorsed by any Govt. bodies. Before using any information of ours please READ OUR DISCLAIMER.